Long Island News
Women arrested with heroin, kids in car on Long Island
EAST PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- Two Long Island women were arrested on drug and endangering the welfare of a child charges after they were discovered in a parked vehicle with heroin and their children Wednesday night.
Police say two officers were on patrol in East Patchogue when they observed two women sitting in a 2002 Ford Explorer in the parking lot of the East Winds apartment complex located on Montauk Highway around 9:30 p.m.
They say 26-year-old Tara Riley, of Medford, who was in the driver's seat, and 27-year-old Amanda Kosby, of North Bellport, who was seated in the front passenger seat, were both in possession of hypodermic instruments containing the drug.
Riley's 4-year-old daughter and Kosby's 5-year-old son were passengers in the back seat of the car.
Authorities say there were open bags of heroin on the front seat of the vehicle, and the women stated they had gotten high earlier in the day.
Riley and Kosby were each charged with two counts of endangering the welfare of a child, criminal possession of a controlled substance and criminally possessing a hypodermic instrument.
long island, east patchogue, drug, heroin, long island news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014