Long Island News
Freeport principal charged with sex crime submitted false fingerprints, officials say
FREEPORT -- According to the New York State education department, a Long Island middle school principal accused of having sex with a teenager he met online submitted false fingerprints to the state a decade ago.
The Freeport school district had relied on the agency's clearance of John O'Mard when he was hired in 2003.
Records showed O'Mard had served almost year in jail after a 1990 conviction for grand larceny and a 1987 petty larceny conviction.
His lawyer said he hadn't yet reviewed the criminal dockets alleging the convictions.
The J.W. Dodd Middle School principal was arraigned Wednesday on a charge of criminal sexual acts.
Police say O'Mard met the 16-year-old boy online in September.
long island, freeport, sex abuse, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield 21 min ago
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58 43 min ago
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace 56 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos