Long Island News
Freeport principal charged with sex crime submitted false fingerprints, officials say
FREEPORT -- According to the New York State education department, a Long Island middle school principal accused of having sex with a teenager he met online submitted false fingerprints to the state a decade ago.
The Freeport school district had relied on the agency's clearance of John O'Mard when he was hired in 2003.
Records showed O'Mard had served almost year in jail after a 1990 conviction for grand larceny and a 1987 petty larceny conviction.
His lawyer said he hadn't yet reviewed the criminal dockets alleging the convictions.
The J.W. Dodd Middle School principal was arraigned Wednesday on a charge of criminal sexual acts.
Police say O'Mard met the 16-year-old boy online in September.
long island, freeport, sex abuse, long island news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam 53 min ago
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 54 min ago
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 12 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day...
50 min ago
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
53 min ago
- Man who took video explains high school fued
45 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos