Long Island News
Parents accused of smoking pot with toddler in car
HUNTINGTON, N.Y. (WABC) -- Two parents on Long Island have been charged with driving while smoking marijuana, with their toddler in the car.
Police pulled 21-year old Paul Rice over in Huntington Friday when he failed to use his turn signal when turning onto Maple Hill Road.
Officers said they saw a lit marijuana cigarette in the car and could smell burning marijuana.
Inside the car was 21-year old Alyssa Moore and the couple's two year old son.
Police say further investigation revealed that Moore and Rice had been smoking marijuana while traveling in the car.
Rice was charged with Aggravated DWI with a Child Passenger 15 Years Old or Younger (Leandra's Law), DWI Drugs, Endangering the Welfare of a Child and Criminal Possession of Marijuana 5th Degree.
Moore was charged with Criminal Possession of Marijuana 5th Degree and Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
The child was released to relatives.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, huntington, dwi with child, dwi, long island news
- Cuomo to announce deal between MTA and Union 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions 1 min ago
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay 21 min ago
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms 37 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms
37 min ago