Long Island News
Parents accused of smoking pot with toddler in car
HUNTINGTON, N.Y. (WABC) -- Two parents on Long Island have been charged with driving while smoking marijuana, with their toddler in the car.
Police pulled 21-year old Paul Rice over in Huntington Friday when he failed to use his turn signal when turning onto Maple Hill Road.
Officers said they saw a lit marijuana cigarette in the car and could smell burning marijuana.
Inside the car was 21-year old Alyssa Moore and the couple's two year old son.
Police say further investigation revealed that Moore and Rice had been smoking marijuana while traveling in the car.
Rice was charged with Aggravated DWI with a Child Passenger 15 Years Old or Younger (Leandra's Law), DWI Drugs, Endangering the Welfare of a Child and Criminal Possession of Marijuana 5th Degree.
Moore was charged with Criminal Possession of Marijuana 5th Degree and Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
The child was released to relatives.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, huntington, dwi with child, dwi, long island news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 19 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
19 min ago