Long Island News
Woman charged with driving drunk with kids in car
HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police say a Nesconset woman was driving while intoxicated Sunday morning with her twin 5-year old daughters in the car.
Officers said they observed 31-year old Danielle Ferrante sitting in a parked, running 2006 Mitsubishi in the parking lot of Shop Rite on Route 347 in Hauppauge at 1:40 a.m.
After interviewing Ferrante, they determined she was intoxicated.
Detectives charged Ferrante with Driving While Intoxicated and two counts of Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
She will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip.
The children were released to the custody of their father.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, hauppauge, dwi with child, dwi, long island news
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 23 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Bill Bratton tapped to return as NYPD commisioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Metro-North derailment victim Jim Lovell to be laid to rest
- Freeze takes an icy grip on much of the nation 56 min ago
- Bob Dylan's Newport electric guitar for sale 18 min ago
- Springsteen 'Born to Run' draft sells for $197K
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
23 min ago