Long Island News
Woman charged with driving drunk with kids in car
HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police say a Nesconset woman was driving while intoxicated Sunday morning with her twin 5-year old daughters in the car.
Officers said they observed 31-year old Danielle Ferrante sitting in a parked, running 2006 Mitsubishi in the parking lot of Shop Rite on Route 347 in Hauppauge at 1:40 a.m.
After interviewing Ferrante, they determined she was intoxicated.
Detectives charged Ferrante with Driving While Intoxicated and two counts of Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
She will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip.
The children were released to the custody of their father.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, hauppauge, dwi with child, dwi, long island news
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks 12 min ago
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 35 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem 58 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing 42 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Majority of debris removed from explosion...
43 min ago
- Residents displaced by explosion search for...
44 min ago
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem
58 min ago
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of...
42 min ago