Long Island News
Sayville couple charged after teen alcohol party
SAYVILLE -- A Long Island couple has been arrested after police say a 16-year-old became ill with alcohol poisoning during a party at their home.
Police responded to the home on Old Broadway in Sayville after receiving a 911 call around 1:30 a.m. Sunday.
About two dozen teenagers were partying in an apartment separate from the main house, and police said many of the teens were visibly intoxicated.
The couple's daughter had invited friends over after a banquet at St. Anthony's High School in Melville.
The parents, John and Stacie Butler, both 54, were arrested and charged with endangering the welfare of a child. They were released after posting bail.
The sick girl was treated at a hospital.
The couple did not answer the door at their home Monday afternoon.
long island, sayville, alcohol, arrest, long island news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 53 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 15 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says 22 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
53 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos