Long Island News
Sayville couple charged after teen alcohol party
SAYVILLE -- A Long Island couple has been arrested after police say a 16-year-old became ill with alcohol poisoning during a party at their home.
Police responded to the home on Old Broadway in Sayville after receiving a 911 call around 1:30 a.m. Sunday.
About two dozen teenagers were partying in an apartment separate from the main house, and police said many of the teens were visibly intoxicated.
The couple's daughter had invited friends over after a banquet at St. Anthony's High School in Melville.
The parents, John and Stacie Butler, both 54, were arrested and charged with endangering the welfare of a child. They were released after posting bail.
The sick girl was treated at a hospital.
The couple did not answer the door at their home Monday afternoon.
long island, sayville, alcohol, arrest, long island news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire 28 min ago
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 22 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction 15 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park