Long Island News
5 charged in Long Island counterfeit handbag bust
HAUPPAUGE -- Long Island authorities say five people have been arrested and charged with arranging and importing counterfeit merchandise from China for distribution throughout the United States.
Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota said Thursday that investigators seized truckloads of counterfeit handbags, apparel and other knockoffs. He says the defendants stored the counterfeit goods, fake logos, machinery and plates used to make and attach the fake logos in storage facilities in Queens.
He said the defendants distributed to resellers who sold the counterfeit goods in the New York metropolitan and throughout the U.S., including Florida, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Georgia and California.
The defendants were charged with enterprise corruption, trademark counterfeiting, conspiracy and money laundering.
Four of them resided in Little Neck, Queens. One was from Rutherford, N.J.
long island, hauppauge, counterfeit, long island news
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners 4 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case 47 min ago
- UPS facility fire damages packages on Long Island 48 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 51 min ago
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- World Cup teams hoping for luck of the draw
- Bob Dylan's Newport electric guitar for sale
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
51 min ago