Long Island News
5 charged in Long Island counterfeit handbag bust
HAUPPAUGE -- Long Island authorities say five people have been arrested and charged with arranging and importing counterfeit merchandise from China for distribution throughout the United States.
Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota said Thursday that investigators seized truckloads of counterfeit handbags, apparel and other knockoffs. He says the defendants stored the counterfeit goods, fake logos, machinery and plates used to make and attach the fake logos in storage facilities in Queens.
He said the defendants distributed to resellers who sold the counterfeit goods in the New York metropolitan and throughout the U.S., including Florida, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Georgia and California.
The defendants were charged with enterprise corruption, trademark counterfeiting, conspiracy and money laundering.
Four of them resided in Little Neck, Queens. One was from Rutherford, N.J.
long island, hauppauge, counterfeit, long island news
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 9 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309M for Tuesday drawing
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom 31 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
9 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos