Long Island News
5 charged in Long Island counterfeit handbag bust
HAUPPAUGE -- Long Island authorities say five people have been arrested and charged with arranging and importing counterfeit merchandise from China for distribution throughout the United States.
Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota said Thursday that investigators seized truckloads of counterfeit handbags, apparel and other knockoffs. He says the defendants stored the counterfeit goods, fake logos, machinery and plates used to make and attach the fake logos in storage facilities in Queens.
He said the defendants distributed to resellers who sold the counterfeit goods in the New York metropolitan and throughout the U.S., including Florida, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Georgia and California.
The defendants were charged with enterprise corruption, trademark counterfeiting, conspiracy and money laundering.
Four of them resided in Little Neck, Queens. One was from Rutherford, N.J.
long island, hauppauge, counterfeit, long island news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance 4 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 59 min ago
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area 16 min ago
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 41 min ago
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year 22 min ago
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
59 min ago