Long Island News
Federal courthouse in Central Islip evacuated due to fire
CENTRAL ISLIP, New York (WABC) -- A fire on the roof of a federal courthouse in Central Islip prompted the temporary evacuation of the building.
The fire appeared to be burning in a piece of machinery on the roof of a building at the Cohalan Court Complex.
Heavy smoke was spewing from the roof, but officials say the fire is out.
There were no injuries.
long island, fire, central islip, long island news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Stage collapses at California high school: 3040 hurt 13 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97