Long Island News
Federal courthouse in Central Islip evacuated due to fire
CENTRAL ISLIP, New York (WABC) -- A fire on the roof of a federal courthouse in Central Islip prompted the temporary evacuation of the building.
The fire appeared to be burning in a piece of machinery on the roof of a building at the Cohalan Court Complex.
Heavy smoke was spewing from the roof, but officials say the fire is out.
There were no injuries.
long island, fire, central islip, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos