Long Island News
Exclusive: String of gas station robberies
HICKSVILLE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are searching for a suspect who allegedly robbed six gas stations at gunpoint.
The robber burst through the doors in the middle of the night.
It was 3:25 a.m. and he told the clerk he had a gun.
"You're on video," the clerk told him.
But the gunman ordered him to shut-up and empty the register.
The clerk handed over stacks of bills as the robber shifted back and forth on his feet.
And in a matter of seconds, it was over.
The robber backed up, nervously toward the door and then, made a run for it.
The service station's owner is furious and wants the robber caught.
From Farmingdale, the robber went on to a service station in Levittown and a 7-11 in Hicksville.
The night before, he struck in Roslyn Heights, Flower Hill and Great Neck.
He committed six armed robberies in just 24 hours.
All of them were between 3 and 4 in the morning.
The county police robbery squad canvassed the stores for witnesses and surveillance video Friday morning.
Although the robber has threatened clerks, he has not fired a single shot, at least not so far.
No one has been injured.
long island, robbery, long island news, n.j. burkett
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade 40 min ago
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary