Long Island News
Flower delivery man finds elderly woman on floor of Long Island home
RIVERHEAD, New York (WABC) -- Talk about being in the right place at the right time.
Howard Waldman was recently making a flower delivery to a home in Riverhead Town.
He rang the doorbell
"And I noticed the front door was slightly ajar maybe a foot or so ajar and I thought I heard some movement," he said.
Little did he know that 84 year-old Ann Baillet, who lives alone had been lying on the floor for what she thinks was two days.
She had tripped and fallen.
"I was knocked out for a while so when I came to I didn't even know where I was," she said.
Waldman had a feeling something was wrong.
His instincts after being with the Jamesport Fire Department for 35 years kicked in.
So he opened the door a little bit more.
"I yelled flower delivery, flower delivery. Anybody home? and I heard a ladies voice say I'm here so I walked right into the foyer and I saw the poor lady lying on the floor about 20 feet away," he said.
Waldman says Baillet was severely dehydrated.
Waldman called 911.
They brought Baillet to a nursing care facility at Peconic Bay Medical Center where she's now recovering.
long island, long island news, kristin thorne
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 51 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 55 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
51 min ago