Long Island News
Flower delivery man finds elderly woman on floor of Long Island home
RIVERHEAD, New York (WABC) -- Talk about being in the right place at the right time.
Howard Waldman was recently making a flower delivery to a home in Riverhead Town.
He rang the doorbell
"And I noticed the front door was slightly ajar maybe a foot or so ajar and I thought I heard some movement," he said.
Little did he know that 84 year-old Ann Baillet, who lives alone had been lying on the floor for what she thinks was two days.
She had tripped and fallen.
"I was knocked out for a while so when I came to I didn't even know where I was," she said.
Waldman had a feeling something was wrong.
His instincts after being with the Jamesport Fire Department for 35 years kicked in.
So he opened the door a little bit more.
"I yelled flower delivery, flower delivery. Anybody home? and I heard a ladies voice say I'm here so I walked right into the foyer and I saw the poor lady lying on the floor about 20 feet away," he said.
Waldman says Baillet was severely dehydrated.
Waldman called 911.
They brought Baillet to a nursing care facility at Peconic Bay Medical Center where she's now recovering.
long island, long island news, kristin thorne
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall