Long Island News
Injured owl rescued on Long Island Expressway
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- Two Suffolk County Police officers rescued a wounded owl on the side of the Long Island Expressway Wednesday morning.
The owl was found on the side of the road near exit 65.
The owl's eyes were dilated and the bird was showing signs of trauma.
The officers placed a raincoat over the owl to settle it down and then were able to grab its talons and control the animal.
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation responded to the scene and transported the owl to Stony Brook University for evaluation and it will then be sent to a rehabilitation facility.
long island, long island news
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 50 min ago
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 14 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
14 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby...
33 min ago