Long Island News
Long Island home packed with cats, dogs goes up in flames
SELDEN (WABC) -- A Long Island home packed with dozens of cats and dogs went up in flames Wednesday afternoon.
Firefighters rushed to the home in Selden, but it was too late to save many of the pets. They were able to rescue three puppies and a kitten, administering oxygen to help clear their lungs of smoke.
The home's owner escaped unharmed.
It is not yet known how many animals perished.
The cause of the fire and conditions of the home are currently under investigation.
long island, selden, suffolk county, fire, fire death, animals, long island news
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92 52 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing...
28 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos