Long Island News
Long Island home packed with cats, dogs goes up in flames
SELDEN (WABC) -- A Long Island home packed with dozens of cats and dogs went up in flames Wednesday afternoon.
Firefighters rushed to the home in Selden, but it was too late to save many of the pets. They were able to rescue three puppies and a kitten, administering oxygen to help clear their lungs of smoke.
The home's owner escaped unharmed.
It is not yet known how many animals perished.
The cause of the fire and conditions of the home are currently under investigation.
long island, selden, suffolk county, fire, fire death, animals, long island news
- Missing plane may have turned back 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Spring forward: Clocks turned ahead one hour 30 min ago
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong 3 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Missing plane may have turned back
54 min ago