Long Island News
Long Island home packed with cats, dogs goes up in flames
SELDEN (WABC) -- A Long Island home packed with dozens of cats and dogs went up in flames Wednesday afternoon.
Firefighters rushed to the home in Selden, but it was too late to save many of the pets. They were able to rescue three puppies and a kitten, administering oxygen to help clear their lungs of smoke.
The home's owner escaped unharmed.
It is not yet known how many animals perished.
The cause of the fire and conditions of the home are currently under investigation.
long island, selden, suffolk county, fire, fire death, animals, long island news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 30 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baby it's cold outside!
- Charges expected in fraternity death 40 min ago
- Mega Millions hits $400M for Friday drawing 59 min ago
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Charges expected in fraternity death
40 min ago
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
30 min ago