Long Island News
Long Island home packed with cats, dogs goes up in flames
SELDEN (WABC) -- A Long Island home packed with dozens of cats and dogs went up in flames Wednesday afternoon.
Firefighters rushed to the home in Selden, but it was too late to save many of the pets. They were able to rescue three puppies and a kitten, administering oxygen to help clear their lungs of smoke.
The home's owner escaped unharmed.
It is not yet known how many animals perished.
The cause of the fire and conditions of the home are currently under investigation.
long island, selden, suffolk county, fire, fire death, animals, long island news
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 20 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Princeton to begin meningitis B vaccinations Monday
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame 5 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures 22 min ago
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area 15 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
20 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
45 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos