Long Island News
Long Island home packed with cats, dogs goes up in flames
SELDEN (WABC) -- A Long Island home packed with dozens of cats and dogs went up in flames Wednesday afternoon.
Firefighters rushed to the home in Selden, but it was too late to save many of the pets. They were able to rescue three puppies and a kitten, administering oxygen to help clear their lungs of smoke.
The home's owner escaped unharmed.
It is not yet known how many animals perished.
The cause of the fire and conditions of the home are currently under investigation.
long island, selden, suffolk county, fire, fire death, animals, long island news
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Records: Man in movie theater shooting also was texting 35 min ago
- Man in 'Modern Family' star groping appears in Australia court 44 min ago
- NH woman finds lost cat in pet store 4 years later 20 min ago
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday 17 min ago