Long Island News
Woman arrested after Long Island road rampage
Monday, April 15, 2013
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- Police say a Long Island woman kept crashing her pickup truck into a car with a man inside until she hit a building, flipped over a wall and was ejected.Morena Mctaw was arrested after the road rampage early Saturday in Hempstead. Police say the 25-year-old man was sitting in a parked Toyota when she intentionally rear-ended him. He drove off, but police say she followed and continued to ram his car. Mctaw eventually lost control, hitting a brick building, overturning and knocking down a wall. She was thrown from the pickup, suffering a concussion, contusions and abrasions to her head and face. Mctaw, 33, was arrested while being treated at a local hospital and charged with assault, reckless endangerment and criminal mischief. She was awaiting arraignment Sunday.
(Copyright ©2014 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
long island, hempstead, road rage, long island news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 31 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says 38 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos