Long Island News
Long Island man charged in LIE road rage incident
CENTRAL ISLIP (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing charges in an alleged road rage incident.
Police say 25-year-old Jason Parker, of Central Islip, beat up another driver on the Long Island Expressway last week.
According to authorities, Parker attacked the man after smashing his car window with a baseball bat around 8:30 a.m. last Wednesday.
The incident was apparently sparked when the victim changed lanes and noticed Parker's BWM was tailgating him.
When the victim exited the highway, Parker allegedly cut off his vehicle, stopping traffic and causing two other vehicles to crash.
Parker then drove off, but not before the victim wrote down his license plate number.
A witness also took a picture of Parker with a cell phone camera.
Parker was arrested Sunday morning.
He is charged with third-degree criminal mischief, third-degree assault and third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
The occupants of the vehicles that crashed were not injured.
long island, central islip, long island expressway, road rage, long island news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Suspect arrested in Kansas City highway shootings
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure 9 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- ObamaCare signups surpass 8 million mark 57 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet 31 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos