Long Island News
Long Island man charged in LIE road rage incident
CENTRAL ISLIP (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing charges in an alleged road rage incident.
Police say 25-year-old Jason Parker, of Central Islip, beat up another driver on the Long Island Expressway last week.
According to authorities, Parker attacked the man after smashing his car window with a baseball bat around 8:30 a.m. last Wednesday.
The incident was apparently sparked when the victim changed lanes and noticed Parker's BWM was tailgating him.
When the victim exited the highway, Parker allegedly cut off his vehicle, stopping traffic and causing two other vehicles to crash.
Parker then drove off, but not before the victim wrote down his license plate number.
A witness also took a picture of Parker with a cell phone camera.
Parker was arrested Sunday morning.
He is charged with third-degree criminal mischief, third-degree assault and third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
The occupants of the vehicles that crashed were not injured.
long island, central islip, long island expressway, road rage, long island news
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 47 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309M for Tuesday drawing
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom 14 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos