Long Island News
Long Island man charged in LIE road rage incident
CENTRAL ISLIP (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing charges in an alleged road rage incident.
Police say 25-year-old Jason Parker, of Central Islip, beat up another driver on the Long Island Expressway last week.
According to authorities, Parker attacked the man after smashing his car window with a baseball bat around 8:30 a.m. last Wednesday.
The incident was apparently sparked when the victim changed lanes and noticed Parker's BWM was tailgating him.
When the victim exited the highway, Parker allegedly cut off his vehicle, stopping traffic and causing two other vehicles to crash.
Parker then drove off, but not before the victim wrote down his license plate number.
A witness also took a picture of Parker with a cell phone camera.
Parker was arrested Sunday morning.
He is charged with third-degree criminal mischief, third-degree assault and third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
The occupants of the vehicles that crashed were not injured.
long island, central islip, long island expressway, road rage, long island news
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing 52 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos