Long Island News
Police: Long Island woman stole grandmother's identity to buy drugs
ISLIP TERRACE -- A Long Island woman is accused of stealing the identity of her 83-year-old grandmother, who suffers from dementia.
Suffolk County police say Elise Sandberg used her grandmother's identity to open a credit card account. They say her purchases included Oxycodone.
Sandberg was arrested Monday afternoon at her home in Islip Terrace.
She was awaiting arraignment Tuesday on charges of grand larceny and identity theft.
The name of her attorney was not immediately known.
long island, islip, identity theft, oxycodone, long island news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crews reach basement of East Harlem buildings 3 min ago
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half Marathon 42 min ago
- Suspect tries to abduct 11-year old boy in Queens
- Here and Now
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Crews reach basement of East Harlem buildings
3 min ago