Long Island News
Police: Long Island woman stole grandmother's identity to buy drugs
ISLIP TERRACE -- A Long Island woman is accused of stealing the identity of her 83-year-old grandmother, who suffers from dementia.
Suffolk County police say Elise Sandberg used her grandmother's identity to open a credit card account. They say her purchases included Oxycodone.
Sandberg was arrested Monday afternoon at her home in Islip Terrace.
She was awaiting arraignment Tuesday on charges of grand larceny and identity theft.
The name of her attorney was not immediately known.
long island, islip, identity theft, oxycodone, long island news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- President Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 15 min ago
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow 44 min ago
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Port Authority relocating owls that are threat to planes 24 min ago
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide