Long Island News
Long Island man charged with DWAI in crash that killed woman
EAST PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing charges for his role in a deadly crash while he was allegedly on drugs.
The crash happened just before 6 p.m. Wednesday on Gazzola Drive and Sills Road in East Patchogue.
Camille Ricciardo, 71, died when a commercial truck driven by 23-year-old Justin Klein crashed into her car.
Klein was rushed to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center, where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Klein, who is employed by 84 Lumber, was charged with driving while ability impaired by drugs and criminal possession of a controlled substance.
long island, east patchogue, accident, drugged driving, long island news
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 42 min ago
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt 4 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers...
30 min ago