Long Island News
Long Island man charged with DWAI in crash that killed woman
EAST PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing charges for his role in a deadly crash while he was allegedly on drugs.
The crash happened just before 6 p.m. Wednesday on Gazzola Drive and Sills Road in East Patchogue.
Camille Ricciardo, 71, died when a commercial truck driven by 23-year-old Justin Klein crashed into her car.
Klein was rushed to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center, where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Klein, who is employed by 84 Lumber, was charged with driving while ability impaired by drugs and criminal possession of a controlled substance.
long island, east patchogue, accident, drugged driving, long island news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel 19 min ago
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos