Long Island News
Cops: Teen stabbed by classmate in Long Island lunchroom
UNIONDALE (WABC) -- A Long Island high school student is facing charges after he allegedly stabbed another student.
The incident happened in the cafeteria at Uniondale High School just before noon Wednesday.
Authorities say 20-year-old Oscar Castaneda stabbed a 16-year-old classmate in the back and neck.
The teen was hospitalized with a punctured lung, but he is expected to make a full recovery.
There is no known motive for the attack at this time.
Castaneda is charged with first-degree assault and criminal possession of a weapon.
long island, uniondale, stabbing, long island news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 31 min ago
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings 30 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act 19 min ago