Long Island News
Dozens displaced by raging fire in Coram
CORAM (WABC) -- Dozens of people are displaced after a raging fire destroyed a building on Long Island Sunday.
Investigators say contractors working on pipes with a torch started the fire at the apartment complex in Coram.
The fire quickly spread inside the walls and attic.
The inside of the building was engulfed in flames when emergency crews arrived.
A large portion of the roof collapsed, making the entire structure unstable.
Officials say 40 people lived in the 16-unit apartment building.
long island, coram, fire, long island news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen