Long Island News
Suspects due in court in Long Island machete attack
NEW CASSEL (WABC) -- Two men are due in Long Island court Monday to face charges in a vicious attack in New Cassel.
Police say David and Geovany Hernandez helped in a machete attack against three men last month.
The pair is being arraigned on attempted murder, assault and weapons charges.
The attack happened on March 31 around 2:30 a.m.
According to detectives, 911 received a call for a male bleeding on the street in front of La Casa Del Marisco restaurant on Old Country Road.
Upon arrival, police found three male victims, ages 35, 34 and 23, bleeding severely from the face, neck and hands. It appeared that the wounds may have been caused by a machete attack.
After an investigation, 22-year-old Miguel Flores and 25-year-old Jose Hernandez were arrested. David Hernandez, 17, and Geovany Herandez, 20, were arrested over the weekend.
The victims were transported to a local hospital in serious condition.
long island, new cassel, long island news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 33 min ago
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx 26 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act