Long Island News
Long Island home health aide accused of robbing patient
BELLPORT (WABC) -- A 22-year-old home health aide on Long Island is charged with stealing a patient's Rolex watch.
Joanne Pinder, of Mastic, is accused of taking the $7,000 Rolex and replacing it with a cheap fake one.
The 86-year-old Bellport Village man for whom she was caring noticed the watch had been switched and called police.
Police say the real watch was found in Pinder's car.
Pinder is charged with fifth-degree grand larceny and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
long island, robbery, long island news
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 6 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl 4 min ago
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 14 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse 15 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Two women hold top 2 spots in Newark Police Department
- Former Gov. Jon Corzine's son dies
- Photos: $2.35 million 'Modern Family' home for sale