Long Island News
Long Island home health aide accused of robbing patient
BELLPORT (WABC) -- A 22-year-old home health aide on Long Island is charged with stealing a patient's Rolex watch.
Joanne Pinder, of Mastic, is accused of taking the $7,000 Rolex and replacing it with a cheap fake one.
The 86-year-old Bellport Village man for whom she was caring noticed the watch had been switched and called police.
Police say the real watch was found in Pinder's car.
Pinder is charged with fifth-degree grand larceny and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
long island, robbery, long island news
- Yonkers fire injures family of four
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year 23 min ago
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen 31 min ago
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Local 7 line service resumes after signal problems
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Infant brought to NYC hospital by parents pronounced dead 50 min ago
- World leaders bow, pray at Nelson Mandela's casket