Long Island News
Freeport principal fired over sex crime charges, false fingerprints
FREEPORT (WABC) -- A Long Island principal facing sex crime charges has been fired in a unanimous decision by the Freeport Board of Education.
The firing came five weeks after John O'Mard was arrested for allegedly having sex with that 16-year-old boy who graduated from the The J.W. Dodd Middle School, where he worked.
School board officials say they've learned O'Mard already had a criminal record that he hid by submitting fake fingerprints during a background check in 2003.
O'Mard, who served almost year in jail after a 1990 conviction for grand larceny and a 1987 petty larceny conviction, faces up to 4 years in prison if convicted on the new charges.
Police say O'Mard met the 16-year-old boy online in September.
long island, freeport, sex abuse, long island news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming 39 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 52 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 50 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions 49 min ago
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest 50 min ago
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
50 min ago
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega...
49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup...
39 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos