Long Island News
Homeless woman charged in Hempstead burglary spree
HEMPSTEAD (WABC) -- A 23-year-old homeless woman is charged in a string of burglaries on Long Island.
Police say Shamasia Moore is behind at least five incidents in the Nassau County town of Hempstead.
Moore is accused of stealing jewelry and electronics from the homes over the last two months.
The burglaries happened at homes on Lindent Street, Woodfield Road, Lincoln Avenue, Mulberry Land and Hempstead Gardens Drive. A sixth attempt on Collins Lane reportedly ended when a home alarm was triggered.
Moore is charged with five counts of second-degree burglary and one court of second-degree attempted burglary.
long island, hempstead, burglary, long island news
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son