Long Island News
Homeless woman charged in Hempstead burglary spree
HEMPSTEAD (WABC) -- A 23-year-old homeless woman is charged in a string of burglaries on Long Island.
Police say Shamasia Moore is behind at least five incidents in the Nassau County town of Hempstead.
Moore is accused of stealing jewelry and electronics from the homes over the last two months.
The burglaries happened at homes on Lindent Street, Woodfield Road, Lincoln Avenue, Mulberry Land and Hempstead Gardens Drive. A sixth attempt on Collins Lane reportedly ended when a home alarm was triggered.
Moore is charged with five counts of second-degree burglary and one court of second-degree attempted burglary.
long island, hempstead, burglary, long island news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing