Long Island News
Long Island man charged with DWI after car slams into home
GLEN COVE (WABC) -- A Long Island man is charged drunk driving after he allegedly crashed his car into a home early Tuesday.
Police say 41-year-old Ricardo Medina-Baez, of Long Beach, is hospitalized after slamming into the home on Glen Cove Avenue and University Place in Glen Cove around 1 a.m.
The car then burst into flames, scorching the side of the home.
The extent of Medina-Baez' injuries wasn't immediately known.
An elderly woman who lived in the home was awakened by the crash, smelled the smoke and was able to escape without injury.
The vehicle was impounded.
Medina-Baez was charged with driving while intoxicated and will be arraigned as soon as medically practical.
long island, glen cove, accident, long island news
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos