Long Island News
Long Island man charged with DWI after car slams into home
GLEN COVE (WABC) -- A Long Island man is charged drunk driving after he allegedly crashed his car into a home early Tuesday.
Police say 41-year-old Ricardo Medina-Baez, of Long Beach, is hospitalized after slamming into the home on Glen Cove Avenue and University Place in Glen Cove around 1 a.m.
The car then burst into flames, scorching the side of the home.
The extent of Medina-Baez' injuries wasn't immediately known.
An elderly woman who lived in the home was awakened by the crash, smelled the smoke and was able to escape without injury.
The vehicle was impounded.
Medina-Baez was charged with driving while intoxicated and will be arraigned as soon as medically practical.
long island, glen cove, accident, long island news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 58 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident 56 min ago