Long Island News
Cops: Long Island man punches woman, steals ice cream cone
VALLEY STREAM (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing charges after police say he attacked an ice cream store worker and stole a cone Wednesday morning.
Authorities say 59-year-old William Hotz tried to use an expired coupon at a Carvel store in Valley Stream around 11:30 a.m.
When he was told he couldn't, investigators say he stole the cone and left the store.
When the 55-year-old female clerk confronted him outside, Hotz allegedly punched her several times in the face, causing her to sustain a laceration and swelling to her lip.
Police say that Hotz refused to be handcuffed, flailed his arms and twisted his body when officers tried to take him into custody.
The victim declined medical treatment for her injuries.
Hotz is charged with third-degree robbery and resisting arrest.
long island, valley stream, long island news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013