Long Island News
Police search for driver in fatal Long Island hit and run
Sunday, May 05, 2013
AMITYVILLE, L.I. (WABC) -- Suffolk County police are trying to find the driver who struck a pedestrian in Amityville early Sunday morning.26-year old Carlos Perez-Rodas was hit in front of of El Rodeo Restaurant and Bar in Amityville Village at 12:43 a.m. Police say Perez-Rodas was first hit by a 2012 Toyota Corolla, driven by 23-year old Joshua Dauphin of Farmingdale. He was then struck by a second vehicle that fled the scene. According to police, Dauphin and others were attempting to stop southbound traffic on Broadway when the second vehicle, described as a late model, dark-colored Mercedes, also struck Perez-Rodas. The driver of the Mercedes was last seen heading southbound on Broadway in Amityville Village. Perez-Rodas was pronounced dead at Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip.
(Copyright ©2013 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
long island, amityville, hit and run accident, long island news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 8 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College student, prosecutor...
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 39 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral 47 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
8 min ago
Eyewitness News Links