Long Island News
Long Island mom went into bar and left kids in car, cops say
Sunday, May 05, 2013
HOLBROOK, L.I. (WABC) -- Police have arrested a Long Island woman on charges of leaving her four children unattended in a vehicle while she consumed alcohol in a Holbrook bar.
40-year old Maria Cepparo of Bay Shore is charged with Endangering the Welfare of a Child. Suffolk County Police say Cepparo left her children in her 2012 Ford Focus that was parked in front of Momo's Sports Bar and Grill, in a fire zone, at approximately 12:15 a.m. Sunday. According to police, the children, a 13-year-old son, who is autistic, an eight-year-old son and two six-year-old twin daughters were left in the car with no heat and the doors unlocked. Cepparo is beign arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip. The four children were entrusted to the care of their grandmother.
(Copyright ©2013 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
long island, arrest, child endangerment, long island news
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken 12 min ago
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response 9 min ago
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
11 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos