Long Island News
Long Island mom went into bar and left kids in car, cops say
Sunday, May 05, 2013
HOLBROOK, L.I. (WABC) -- Police have arrested a Long Island woman on charges of leaving her four children unattended in a vehicle while she consumed alcohol in a Holbrook bar.
40-year old Maria Cepparo of Bay Shore is charged with Endangering the Welfare of a Child. Suffolk County Police say Cepparo left her children in her 2012 Ford Focus that was parked in front of Momo's Sports Bar and Grill, in a fire zone, at approximately 12:15 a.m. Sunday. According to police, the children, a 13-year-old son, who is autistic, an eight-year-old son and two six-year-old twin daughters were left in the car with no heat and the doors unlocked. Cepparo is beign arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip. The four children were entrusted to the care of their grandmother.
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
long island, arrest, child endangerment, long island news
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 37 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 6 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports 25 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links