Long Island News
Long Island mom went into bar and left kids in car, cops say
Sunday, May 05, 2013
HOLBROOK, L.I. (WABC) -- Police have arrested a Long Island woman on charges of leaving her four children unattended in a vehicle while she consumed alcohol in a Holbrook bar.
40-year old Maria Cepparo of Bay Shore is charged with Endangering the Welfare of a Child. Suffolk County Police say Cepparo left her children in her 2012 Ford Focus that was parked in front of Momo's Sports Bar and Grill, in a fire zone, at approximately 12:15 a.m. Sunday. According to police, the children, a 13-year-old son, who is autistic, an eight-year-old son and two six-year-old twin daughters were left in the car with no heat and the doors unlocked. Cepparo is beign arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip. The four children were entrusted to the care of their grandmother.
(Copyright ©2013 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
long island, arrest, child endangerment, long island news
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- AccuWeather Forecast: More Snow On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 20 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Newtown victims families deliver statement 43 min ago
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits New York Area 20 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
20 min ago
Eyewitness News Links