Long Island News
Long Island mom went into bar and left kids in car, cops say
Sunday, May 05, 2013
HOLBROOK, L.I. (WABC) -- Police have arrested a Long Island woman on charges of leaving her four children unattended in a vehicle while she consumed alcohol in a Holbrook bar.
40-year old Maria Cepparo of Bay Shore is charged with Endangering the Welfare of a Child. Suffolk County Police say Cepparo left her children in her 2012 Ford Focus that was parked in front of Momo's Sports Bar and Grill, in a fire zone, at approximately 12:15 a.m. Sunday. According to police, the children, a 13-year-old son, who is autistic, an eight-year-old son and two six-year-old twin daughters were left in the car with no heat and the doors unlocked. Cepparo is beign arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip. The four children were entrusted to the care of their grandmother.
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
long island, arrest, child endangerment, long island news
- LIRR suspended between Huntington, Hicksville 36 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt 23 min ago
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 33 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera 6 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 56 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn;...
23 min ago
Eyewitness News Links