Long Island News
Long Island man pulled over with 50 license suspensions
WEST ISLIP (WABC) -- A Long Island man pulled over for driving unusually slow was arrested after police found he was driving with 50 suspensions on his license.
Louis Newman, 52, of Bay Shore, is due in court Wednesday.
A Suffolk County officer stopped Newman at the intersection of Udall Road and Bay Shore Road in West Islip at 5:25 p.m. Tuesday.
Newman told the officer he did not have his license with him.
After running a check, the officer learned Newman's license was suspended 50 times on 10 different dates.
long island, west islip, bay shore, long island news
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in 47 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- NYC baby brought to hospital by parents pronounced dead 2 min ago
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat 10 min ago
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy 3 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake' 12 min ago
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
47 min ago