Long Island News
Long Island man pulled over with 50 license suspensions
WEST ISLIP (WABC) -- A Long Island man pulled over for driving unusually slow was arrested after police found he was driving with 50 suspensions on his license.
Louis Newman, 52, of Bay Shore, is due in court Wednesday.
A Suffolk County officer stopped Newman at the intersection of Udall Road and Bay Shore Road in West Islip at 5:25 p.m. Tuesday.
Newman told the officer he did not have his license with him.
After running a check, the officer learned Newman's license was suspended 50 times on 10 different dates.
long island, west islip, bay shore, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 54 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife 1 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon 20 min ago
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Photos: Easter 2014 Around the World
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
54 min ago