Long Island News
Pair of suspects wanted in Suffolk County robbery spree
SUFFOLK COUNTY (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are searching for a pair of suspects they say are behind a string of armed robberies over a five-month period.
They've reportedly hit gas stations and convenience stores in Bay Shore, Babylon, Deer Park, Dix Hills and Lindenhurst.
During each of the robberies, the two men are armed with handguns - a silver gun and a black gun. They enter the businesses and demanded cash.
The men, who wore masks and gloves, have also demanded Newport cigarettes.
They fled the locations on foot, but possibly had a getaway vehicle nearby.
The robberies took place between December 23, 2012 and May 16, 2013.
Both suspects are described as black males, one dark-skinned and the other light-skinned.
They weigh approximately 200 to 240 pounds and are between 5-foot-10 and 6-foot-4. They are usually dressed in dark-hooded sweatshirts and wear masks to conceal their faces.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-220-TIPS.
long island, suffolk county, babylon, bay shore, dix hills, deer park, lindenhurst, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 42 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Man charged with fatally shooting wife in Queens
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon 8 min ago
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Photos: Easter 2014 Around the World
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
42 min ago