Long Island News
Pair of suspects wanted in Suffolk County robbery spree
SUFFOLK COUNTY (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are searching for a pair of suspects they say are behind a string of armed robberies over a five-month period.
They've reportedly hit gas stations and convenience stores in Bay Shore, Babylon, Deer Park, Dix Hills and Lindenhurst.
During each of the robberies, the two men are armed with handguns - a silver gun and a black gun. They enter the businesses and demanded cash.
The men, who wore masks and gloves, have also demanded Newport cigarettes.
They fled the locations on foot, but possibly had a getaway vehicle nearby.
The robberies took place between December 23, 2012 and May 16, 2013.
Both suspects are described as black males, one dark-skinned and the other light-skinned.
They weigh approximately 200 to 240 pounds and are between 5-foot-10 and 6-foot-4. They are usually dressed in dark-hooded sweatshirts and wear masks to conceal their faces.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-220-TIPS.
long island, suffolk county, babylon, bay shore, dix hills, deer park, lindenhurst, long island news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos