Long Island News
Pair of suspects wanted in Suffolk County robbery spree
SUFFOLK COUNTY (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are searching for a pair of suspects they say are behind a string of armed robberies over a five-month period.
They've reportedly hit gas stations and convenience stores in Bay Shore, Babylon, Deer Park, Dix Hills and Lindenhurst.
During each of the robberies, the two men are armed with handguns - a silver gun and a black gun. They enter the businesses and demanded cash.
The men, who wore masks and gloves, have also demanded Newport cigarettes.
They fled the locations on foot, but possibly had a getaway vehicle nearby.
The robberies took place between December 23, 2012 and May 16, 2013.
Both suspects are described as black males, one dark-skinned and the other light-skinned.
They weigh approximately 200 to 240 pounds and are between 5-foot-10 and 6-foot-4. They are usually dressed in dark-hooded sweatshirts and wear masks to conceal their faces.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-220-TIPS.
long island, suffolk county, babylon, bay shore, dix hills, deer park, lindenhurst, long island news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- 'Fake' interpreter says he was hallucinating at Mandela event
- Baby it's cold outside!
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos