Long Island News
Hit-and-run driver wanted for striking teen in Shirley
SHIRLEY (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are searching for the driver behind a hit and run last weekend.
Authorities are hoping a surveillance photo will help lead to an arrest.
Suffolk County police say a silver minivan hit a 14-year-old boy on a bike in Shirley around 10:30 a.m. on May 11.
The teen, who is expected to be okay, was hit on William Floyd Parkway at Roberts Road.
Police say the driver actually stopped and got out of the van, then jumped back in and sped off.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-220-TIPS.
long island, suffolk county, shirley, hit and run accident, long island news
- 3 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day 46 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 1 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Newark tanker fire snarls traffic, delays NJ Transit trains 46 min ago
- Photos: Newark tanker fire 48 min ago
- Survivors describe explosion in East Harlem
- Dozens homeless after East Harlem buildings destroyed
- Video: 2 men describe pulling child out of rubble
- Investigators focus on an old cast-iron gas pipeline
- Video: East Harlem Explosion on social media
- Video: Damage throughout neighborhood after East...
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
46 min ago