Long Island News
Hit-and-run driver wanted for striking teen in Shirley
SHIRLEY (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are searching for the driver behind a hit and run last weekend.
Authorities are hoping a surveillance photo will help lead to an arrest.
Suffolk County police say a silver minivan hit a 14-year-old boy on a bike in Shirley around 10:30 a.m. on May 11.
The teen, who is expected to be okay, was hit on William Floyd Parkway at Roberts Road.
Police say the driver actually stopped and got out of the van, then jumped back in and sped off.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-220-TIPS.
long island, suffolk county, shirley, hit and run accident, long island news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls 45 min ago
- Woman tries to abduct baby from nanny in Chelsea 4 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying 54 min ago
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster