Long Island News
Wake set for Navy SEAL from Long Island killed during exercise
MASSAPEQUA, N.Y. (WABC) -- A wake will be held Thursday for a Navy SEAL from Long Island who was killed in a training accident.
The hearse carrying the body of 23-year-old Jonathan Kaloust arrived at the funeral home in Massapequa Wednesday night, escorted by police.
Members of the military and first responders lined the streets to salute the Massapequa High School graduate.
Kaloust died last week after his Humvee overturned during a training exercise at Fort Knox.
long island, u.s. military, massapequa, soldier killed, long island news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 43 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 14 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate 27 min ago
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong 24 min ago
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win
- Brooklyn family desperately searching for...
59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
43 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage...
54 min ago