Long Island News
Wake set for Navy SEAL from Long Island killed during exercise
MASSAPEQUA, N.Y. (WABC) -- A wake will be held Thursday for a Navy SEAL from Long Island who was killed in a training accident.
The hearse carrying the body of 23-year-old Jonathan Kaloust arrived at the funeral home in Massapequa Wednesday night, escorted by police.
Members of the military and first responders lined the streets to salute the Massapequa High School graduate.
Kaloust died last week after his Humvee overturned during a training exercise at Fort Knox.
long island, u.s. military, massapequa, soldier killed, long island news
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Chilly Wednesday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- LIE in Suffolk County reopens
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- Photos: Blind man and dog fall on subway tracks
- EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested in 'knockout' assaults
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- ACS workers reach plea deal in girl's death
- Jersey City reveals what was inside mysterious safes
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos