Long Island News
Bronx man nabbed in Long Island drug deal gone bad
OYSTER BAY (WABC) -- A Bronx man is facing drug and other charges on Long Island in what police are calling a drug deal gone bad.
Nassau County police say 31-year-old Deron Barnes pulled over to the side of Orchard Street in Oyster Bay in order to conduct a drug sale.
When officers arrived, they say Barnes backed into a couple of police cars and then tried to escape out of the driver's side window.
One officer was slightly hurt. He was treated and released from an area hospital.
During the investigation, Barnes was found to be in possession of 88 bags of heroin and an undisclosed amount of cash. It was also determined that a warrant had been issued in February 2012 after Barnes allegedly violated his parole.
Barnes is charged with criminal sale of a controlled substance, criminal possession of a controlled substance, criminal mischief, reckless endangerment, assault, resisting arrest and several traffic violations.
long island, oyster bay, drug arrest, long island news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide