Long Island News
Kickoff to a Long Island Summer
BETHPAGE (WABC) -- It's Memorial Day weekend, the unofficial start of summer, and we invite you to join Eyewitness News for a special "Kickoff to a Long Island summer" live from the Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach.
Join Sandra Bookman and David Novarro as Eyewitness News helps to kickoff the season on Long Island in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy.
Meteorologist Amy Freeze and Long Island reporters Josh Einiger and Kristin Thorne will also be part of the show as Eyewitness News looks at the efforts to recover from Sandy and ahead to the summer season and all its possibilities.
Long Island boasts some of the best beaches and state parks in the area from Jones Beach to Montaulk. 18 million people visited state parks and beaches on Long Island last year.
We'll take you to some of those beaches and show you the progress they've made since Sandy.
There are also a lot of other summer-time activities on the island from hiking and wine-tasting to shopping and golf. We'll explore it all.
There is no better place to start then the Bethpage Air Show to kickoff the summer. The show is celebrating its 10th Anniversary at Jones Beach State Park with an all-star line-up of civilian performers and the Royal Canadian CF-18. And that's where we will be for this Eyewitness News special, "Kickoff to a Long Island Summer."
long island, bethpage, jones beach, long island news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Metro-North to require sleep apnea evaluation
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
24 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos