Long Island News
Man accused of DWI with 6-year old daughter in car
Saturday, May 25, 2013
HUNTINGTON, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Long Island man has been arrested on charges of driving drunk with his 6-year old daughter in the car.Police say Wilm was driving a 2005 Dodge Pickup on East Main Street when he hit the rear of a 2007 Ford SUV, which then hit a 1999 Toyota Officers observed Wilm was under the influence of alcohol and arrested him. His daughter was in a booster seat in the backseat of the vehicle. There were no injuries in the crash. Wilm's vehicle was impounded for a safety check. Child Protective Services will be notified and the child was released to her mother. Wilm was charged with Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated with a Passenger 15 Years Old or Younger (Leandra's Law), Driving While Intoxicated and Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
long island, long island news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos