Long Island News
Man accused of DWI with 6-year old daughter in car
Saturday, May 25, 2013
HUNTINGTON, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Long Island man has been arrested on charges of driving drunk with his 6-year old daughter in the car.Police say Wilm was driving a 2005 Dodge Pickup on East Main Street when he hit the rear of a 2007 Ford SUV, which then hit a 1999 Toyota Officers observed Wilm was under the influence of alcohol and arrested him. His daughter was in a booster seat in the backseat of the vehicle. There were no injuries in the crash. Wilm's vehicle was impounded for a safety check. Child Protective Services will be notified and the child was released to her mother. Wilm was charged with Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated with a Passenger 15 Years Old or Younger (Leandra's Law), Driving While Intoxicated and Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
long island, long island news
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 21 min ago
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers...
9 min ago
Eyewitness News Links