Long Island News
Long Island crash kills 82-year old nursing home worker
EAST FARMINGDALE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A car crash on East Farmingdale, Long Island early Sunday has claimed the life of an 82-year old nursing home staffer.
A car crash on East Farmingdale, Long Island early Sunday has claimed the life of an 82-year old nursing home staffer. Police say Vera Quashie was driving westbound on Route 109 at the intersection of Albany Avenue just after midnight when she lost control of the vehicle and struck a telephone pole on the north side of the road. Quashie, who was alone in the vehicle, was driving home from work at the Berkshire Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in West Babylon. She was transported to the Nassau University Medical Center where she was pronounced dead. Police are checking her 2009 Hyundai Accent to see whether it had any safety problems.
long island, accident, east farmingdale, long island news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen