Long Island News
Long Island sex offender accused in another assault
SYOSSET (WABC) -- A registered sex offender is under arrest, accused of another sexual assault on Long Island.
The incident allegedly happened just before 4 p.m. on Tuesday, May 21, at Dun Rite Upholstery on Jericho Turnpike in Syosset.
Police say the owner, 54-year-old Alfred Balcerak, of Freeport, approached a male employee in his 20s, pulled down his pants and grabbed his genitals.
The victim turned away, exited the store's warehouse and contacted police.
Balcerak, a Level 3 sex offender, turned himself in Tuesday without incident.
He is charged with first-degree sexual abuse.
In 2008, Balcerak allegedly fondled two young boys, ages 13 and 14, at a Bellmore upholstery store. In that incident, one of the boy's mother tracked Balcerak down using the sex offender registry website. He was convicted and served two years in jail.
Balcerak was convicted of sexually assaulting a 9-year-old girl and a 14-year-old back in 1998. In that instance, he only served probation.
long island, syosset, sex offender, sexual assault, long island news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 4 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- US deploys 600 troops to Ukraine border nations 45 min ago
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens 1 min ago
- Jet stowaway spent hours undetected before flight 40 min ago
- NYC among 15 cities being considered for 2016 DNC 21 min ago
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos