Long Island News
Medford man shot neighbor's dog with BB gun, cops say
MEDFORD, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Medford man is under arrest after police say he shot a neighbor's dog with a BB gun.
54-year old Martin Frey is charged with animal cruelty.
Police responded Sunday night after a 911 caller reported her dog had been shot by her neighbor.
When officers arrived, they noticed that the dog, a German Sheperd, had a BB gun pellet lodged in his nose and was bleeding.
The dog's injuries were not life-threatening.
Frey was also charged with Criminal Possession of a Weapon 4th Degree after he was found to be in possession of a gravity knife.
He will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip.
long island, animal abuse, medford, long island news
- LIRR suspended between Huntington, Hicksville 8 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 32 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 5 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 28 min ago